Photograph of Brayton Hall
PHOTOGRAPH OF BRAYTON HALL (English, 19th century), seat of the Lawson family, near Aspatria, Cumbria, England. Housed in an ebonized gilt-incised Eastlake style frame. A late 18th-c. Georgian manor house transformed in the late 18th-c. by Sir Wilfred Lawson, it suffered a fire in 1918 and was demolished in 1940. It is now the site of the Brayton Park Golf Club.
19 1/4" x 22 1/4"
Gift of Miss Alice Brayton.
For more information about this item, please contact its owning institution.