Billiard Cue Stand
A billiard cue stand (America, 1892-1895) composed out of carved mahogany, made by William Baumgarten & Co., NY, designed by Emile Baumgarten (American, 1865-1922) for use in The Breakers Billiard Room. The circular revolving cue rack is supported by a central fluted column topped by a flambeau finial and carved on the lower portion with foliage. The cue rack stands on a block pedestal base with a central cabinet. The top of the base has a rounded molded edge, the body is carved with monopodium lion corners, the sides are carved with egg and dart spandrels and circular panels, the whole stands on four bun feet.
90" x 26 1/2" x 26 1/2"
Gift of Countess Anthony Szapáry, 1974.
For more information about this item, please contact its owning institution.