A Pair of Gilded Bronze and Frosted Glass Chandeliers
A pair of chandeliers by Masion Baguès of Paris (French, c. 1900) made of gilded bronze with a frosted glass shade, installed in the Conservatory of The Elms. Each is suspended from a small acanthus leaf ceiling mount on a long bronze chain. The chain ends in four S-scroll supports attached to a molded circular rim which holds the frosted glass shade. Decorated with acanthus leaves and thick swirling lines, the glass shade is capped with a gilded bronze grape cluster finial. The chandeliers are original to The Elms.
Purchased by The Preservation Soceity of Newport County, 1962.
For more information about this item, please contact its owning institution.